Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Just installed mine and it's perfect. I've never been this happy with a screen protector!!!! This is the real deal, guys. Totally worth it.
Agreed. An ice max went from my wife's 6 to her 6s, Two on my 6s (broke one). So 4 installs and never one bubble or blemish that lasted more than a day.

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
I posted my full review in the other glass screen protector thread, but in short--I love the Ice Max and have finally found a keeper. I forget it's even on my phone. I've had no major issues with it whatsoever.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
cut outs dont line up as well as the imos,and i dont like how there is no adhesive on the white parts, but its really smooth and thin! and the price is great!

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
FYI, the ice max will not survive a 3 foot drop onto hardwood floor. Buy my iPhone is still perfect. Darn now I gotta buy another ice max.

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Thanks for that, why is it so hard to find, i had tried everything in the search bar.

Works out to about £17.50 in british pounds, so not too bad, wouldn't pay anymore than that though.

you should consider this extra cheap, you lucky chap.
they where 5 quid higher a week ago.
and i already talked to them.
they're the official company it seems.

Dominick624

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2014
Just finished installing it on my 6s. Bought it off Amazon with prime, and it came out great, no bubbles can't tell it's even there. I'm just afraid of putting my iPhone 6 leather case on my 6s since I'm not sure if it may be too small and might lift it...

hitteam

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Thousand Oaks, California
Just finished installing it on my 6s. Bought it off Amazon with prime, and it came out great, no bubbles can't tell it's even there. I'm just afraid of putting my iPhone 6 leather case on my 6s since I'm not sure if it may be too small and might lift it...
Mine works great with Speck Candyshell Grip, but I highly recommend after the installation leave it sit there for 5-8 hours, so some small air bubbles underneath the screen can escape out. I was in a hurry at first, and put on the case half hour later after my Ice Max installed, and few hours later I noticed a couple small air bubbles showing up near the edge of the glass.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Mine works great with Speck Candyshell Grip, but I highly recommend after the installation leave it sit there for 5-8 hours, so some small air bubbles underneath the screen can escape out. I was in a hurry at first, and put on the case half hour later after my Ice Max installed, and few hours later I noticed a couple small air bubbles showing up near the edge of the glass.

Any gaps between the edge of the protector and edge of the candyshell lip?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm also between 2 crossroads.

On the one hand, I have my ice max installed currently on my 6s+ and it looks really good. However, I really wanted to use the Rhinoshield Crash Guard with this to show the beauty of the back of my phone, but due to how close near the edge the Ice Max is, it's not compatible.

On the other hand, I could waste the $40 I spent on this, and get the extremely cheaper Daswise that doesn't completely go over the edge, and try to see if the Crash Guard works.

However, if the Daswise isn't compatible with the Rhinoshield, then I'd be wasting more money.

Does anyone have a Daswise with Rhinoshield combo installed?

hitteam

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Thousand Oaks, California
Any gaps between the edge of the protector and edge of the candyshell lip?
image.jpeg

I can't see any gap. U can judge from picture by yourself

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
asking again,
people who are now using the IcaMax for at least 2 weeks,
are the edges still well "stuck"?
on many regular SPs, the very tip of the edges start to show signs of losing the stickiness,
because of air, dust or whatever. i presume this is a common phenomenon that's hard to prevent.

i wonder how well the 3D curved edges are dealing with that.

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
asking again,
people who are now using the IcaMax for at least 2 weeks,
are the edges still well "stuck"?
on many regular SPs, the very tip of the edges start to show signs of losing the stickiness,
because of air, dust or whatever. i presume this is a common phenomenon that's hard to prevent.

i wonder how well the 3D curved edges are dealing with that.

Purchased 10/16 for me. No issues with this screen protector yet on my end. :)

Reactions: roeiz

yashz

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
USA
Just wondering how long it takes for the icemax to arrive if ordered through Aliexpress? I placed my order on 9/29 and it's still not here yet. Tracking pretty much stops on 10/15 with status arrived at USA but no movement afterward. I contacted the seller but they didn't response at all...
Thanks.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Just wondering how long it takes for the icemax to arrive if ordered through Aliexpress? I placed my order on 9/29 and it's still not here yet. Tracking pretty much stops on 10/15 with status arrived at USA but no movement afterward. I contacted the seller but they didn't response at all...
Thanks.
Mine was approx. 3 weeks. My shipping updates also stopped after customs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.