any runners/joggers here? what in your ear phones do you use?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wannabelean, May 9, 2014.

1. wannabelean macrumors 6502

I'm using the iPhone 5S and would like to get a bluetooth one. I've always been a fan of wired earphones because I feel their audio quality is unmatched. Bluetooth earphone users has there been any recent change in the quality of sound delivered to your ears? Is it as good as the wired ones?

Wired isn't a problem too but I dont like having the phone on me while running. I usually put the phone on the treadmill console before I start my run.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I have a pair of Altec Lansing Backbeat 903's. I like them but the don't beat the quality of the factory earbuds. Another disadvantage is that sometimes you will last longer than the battery especially if you are on a voice call for a while during the run.

3. StoneJack macrumors 6502a

StoneJack

I use wired Sony actve headphones
    [​IMG]

now they have wireless edition
    [​IMG]

didn't try though. But original ones have great sound.

4. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I like the lg Bluetooth. They are like $70 but I get my premier discount when ordering through att. So you may check if you get an accessory discount before buying them at full price.

5. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Denon Exercise Freaks.

Pros:

Bluetooth (I don't like wires)
    good sound
    Long battery (about two weeks and using 4-5 times a week for 1-2 hours at a time)

Cons:

a little dorky looking
    rubber charging cover stops closing after a few months us use
    ear pieces did not fit my ears (purchased ones that I knew worked for under $1 off amazon, I think).
    Limited range (I feel it begins to drop out when only 5 feet or so away from phone when I lift weights. I where my phone in an arm band so not a big deal)

6. Dukat macrumors regular

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've largely given up on any in the ear headphones because the last set that I have, seems to "short out" my music.

What I mean by that is, if I run a decent length, 5 or more, I start sweating a lot and, for some reason my phone jumps straight to siri and stops playing the music.

It never does that any other time, i.e., when I'm commuting or listening to it my phone during the day. Nor does it occur while I run w/o headphones. I prefer running without headphones any ways, I don't like anything that distracts me from my run and fumbling for my music, or headphones has that potential.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

any runners/joggers here? what in your ear phones do you use?

Sennheiser sports, behind the head ones.

Sweat resistant. Don't fully seal ears so you can hear cars, people, etc around you as well.

It has a short audio cable which is perfect for just reaching the iPod nano I clip to my collar, or end of short shirt sleeve, or singlet strap... Depending.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

JayBird Bluebuds X work well for me, been using them for ~18 months. Prior to the Bluebuds, I used the JayBird Freedoms, never a problem.

10. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I use a cheap pair of yurbuds, because they are the only ones I have found that fit in my ears without falling out. The sound is terrible and the cord annoying. I may have to check out those Jaybird ones.

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The big plus with the JayBirds, you can change the silicone ear pieces and hooks. I use a different size in each ear. lol

[​IMG]

12. uchosen macrumors 6502

web buzz, you have me interested in the Jaybirds now. Some questions:
    What is your experience with them running? Does that cord that hangs on the back of your neck bounce around while running? Bluetooth music streaming reliable?

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I have used them trail running, mountain biking, and skiing. No issues with streaming, while using a Polar H7 monitor and DigiFit.

The cord doesn't bother me. JayBird includes a clip to shorten the wire, making a tighter fit. I haven't tried it.

My only complaint, is the included USB cable, while great for travel. It is too short.

[​IMG]

14. alinefx macrumors member

15. uchosen macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. Added to my Amazon wish list :D

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Wait a month or two, the BlueBuds are almost two years old. A new model should be out soon. They also go on sale often on Amazon.

17. tatltael macrumors newbie

18. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

How long have you had them? My fear is sweat and rain that have killed too many of my in-ear buds.

19. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Jaybird Freedom Sprint which are Bluetooth. Readily available on Amazon and not expensive versus most.

20. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

I'm a cyclist rather than a runner, and use Bose MIE2i. Much awesome.

21. thedru13 macrumors regular

Been using EERS for a while. Have 2 pairs. One for work and one for the gym. I run and lift they fit great and never fall out. They are not BT but it seems like they don't make them anymore. I might be wrong.. I can't wear a lot of in ear buds so these were great due to the custom fit. I just haven't been able to get myself to buy custom made ones at this point i probably should.

22. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Second Bose, they are durable and the sound is excellent