Any sign of MSN Messanger:Mac 8 yet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cabbit, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Seems the Microsoft blog has been rather quiet about the development of this as all i have seen is a very alpha like version floating around the usual places and not much word on this promised beta never mind a final version.
    Perhaps were waiting on a intel only version for snow leopard.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

We're still on track. The team blog has been quiet because everyone's been heads-down working. :) Usually, we have some time where one team is really busy and another one isn't quite so busy, so there's more posts to the blog. But right now, every team is hard at work on their own projects. We'll have some stuff to share pretty soon. :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

^_^ thanks for sharing i am really looking forward to it, as you may know Scotland and the UK are more for msn messenger than yahoo messenger and it would be really nice to have video and voice chat and maybe the games but keep the ugly vista ui version to vista please and i mean that in the nicest way i just get a headache trying to read the text of the vista version with some of the themes.

4. MaTUC macrumors regular

Is nice to hear that :)! Long time we don't know anything about Messenger.. :rolleyes:

5. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

6. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

Will video chatting with Windows users be supported? I would guess thats your most requested feature.

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

The next version of Messenger:Mac will bring the much-requested audio and video chat with Windows Live Messenger. It's slated to hit public beta this year.

(For users in corporate environments who use Office Communicator Server for IM, Messenger:Mac 7 today supports A/V.)

Regards,
    Nadyne.