Any sign of WiFi fix in 10.7.2?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by IzzyJG99, Oct 10, 2011.

1. IzzyJG99 macrumors 6502

For those of you currently testing 10.7.2 is there any sign of improvement on the WiFi disconnection issue? I've been sticking with 10.6.8 since 10.7.1 failed to fix my, and others, WiFi issues.

It's been a while since I looked over the forums, here and others, for any tricks or trips or fixes to keep the connection alive. So if one has been found I'd like to know. I'd really like to get back to Lion.

Thanks in advance for those of you with Developer Accounts who can shed some light on the situation.

2. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

so far, so good (about 9 hours random use at home).
    for me, the connection vanished several times a day, UNTIL this update.

BUT...will see how this holds up over the next WEEK...

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Mines still broken :( disconnects at least once every ten minutes, has done since I updated to Lion on release date.

4. sportsnapper macrumors member

sportsnapper

I just upgraded to Lion for the first time a couple of days ago. My WIFi seems very solid - improved over SL which would never reliably pick up my n network,. Lion always picks it up first.

5. AGEC2008 macrumors member

Wish I could say the same. With update, it did not pick up my wifi airport express (I had to select it), and once again when I tried to wake it from sleep (lid shut), it froze and had to do a manual shutdown. ughhhh

6. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

You guys are putting your hopes in an OSX update to fix this and that won't do any good. I'm convinced this is a driver issue and can only be remedied via a firmware update. Of course Apple has to admit it first.

7. IzzyJG99 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I am holding off for. I hope that there will be an update to the firmware of the Airport Cards and Base Stations (ALL of them. Not just N models) to remedy this problem.

8. andylyon, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

My problem is with an Edimax router, wifi is awful, yet works flawlessly under XP, Vista, 7, Leopard and Snow Leopard.

EDIT: Just want to add it worlds fine on all those OS's on my MacBook Pro, so it is definitely a Lion issue.