any similar cases like the Pinlo Bladedge II

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hatersgonnahate, Oct 12, 2012.

1. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

looking so protection on just the edges as minimal as possible.

2. jcliden macrumors member

ooohhh that looks sleeeeek~ but im wondering how the button side looks like. from this angle.. something seems.. off.. :rolleyes:

3. hatersgonnahate thread starter macrumors 6502a

here's another photo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it looks nice. but i dont think its worth the price.

4. jcliden macrumors member

damn.. from the pictures, those look so nice! I wonder how these look in real life. Reviews anyone? haha :D

5. raptorstv macrumors 6502

6. Hanwei macrumors member

This looks amazing. Unfortunately Pinlo says it's made of a "highly flexible material" that you can bend/twist, etc and it'll "keep on going".

My experience with flexible material is that it is never a tight fit to start with and stretches over time until it becomes so stretched out it's like putting a size 8 foot into a size 10 shoe.

I guess we'll have to wait until the guinea pigs test out this bumper for the rest of us.

It DOES look great though... just wish it was a hard plastic.

7. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Still have this for my 4. It's quite rigid on the phone. I guess it is " flexible" when compared to a hard case?!

8. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Is it TPU? Does it scratch the phone?

Is there a lip on both sides so the phone doesn't touch a table when you lay it down?

9. idyll macrumors 6502

There's reviews on YouTube for the iPhone 4 version in case anyone is wondering what it looks like "in real life".

Can anyone confirm if this comes with a film for the back? I think some of the reviews on YouTube for the iPhone 4 version say it does, but I don't see it mentioned on the website for the iPhone 5.

10. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

I had an Agent 18 Case like this on my iPhone 4. I liked the case a lot at first, but then it slowly started to stretch to where it bowed easily on the long sides and became sort of annoying to hold after long use. It only lasted a few weeks before it started to regularly stretch while holding it, which made the phone more prone to easy drops, so I took it off and never used it again.

This case does look nice!

11. parrot5 macrumors 6502

The one for my iPhone 4 looks like clear hard plastic, but so thin that it can be flexed and bent. It is thinner than anything made with TPU. It fits so well that it doesn't move, and actually very hard for me to put on and take off. Mind you the iPhone 4 has a STEEL band so it didn't scratch (only scratched the inside of the case itself), and I don't know how the aluminum of the 5 will fare against it.

The one for my 4 sits even both front and back, so you can say no lip..... But from the photo of the website, looks like there is a lip for the iPhone 5 version.

Again, these are my impressions on the iPhone 4 version. No idea if they change things up for the 5

12. calvy macrumors 65816

I had 2 of these on my iPhone 4. Neither lasted more than about a month before cracking along the thing parts near the dock port. Pinlo's customers server wouldn't replace them for reasons I don't even recall at this point. However, I'll never buy from them again.

13. hatersgonnahate thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what i thought, i got one for the iphone 4 as well, but i got the ebay version and it cracked within 24 hours:(

14. christof macrumors 6502

Pretty disappointing that Pinlo customer service is no good. What did you end up purchasing: Caze ThinSdge?