Any solution for this terrible outgoing calls audio problem?

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Hello, yesterday by the time my phone was plugged in, I couldn't make any outgoing calls without this awful audio problem with no sound in the earpiece. Ince I took the phone out of the charger- the problem disappeared and today it happened again- I have to switch to speaker mode and then back to the earpiece - then it is ok. I saw this huge topic on Apple discussion forum, but there is not a clear solution. For me this seems like software problem rather than hardware. Anybody with same experience?

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Hello, yesterday by the time my phone was plugged in, I couldn't make any outgoing calls without this awful audio problem with no sound in the earpiece. Ince I took the phone out of the charger- the problem disappeared and today it happened again- I have to switch to speaker mode and then back to the earpiece - then it is ok. I saw this huge topic on Apple discussion forum, but there is not a clear solution. For me this seems like software problem rather than hardware. Anybody with same experience?
Interference, maybe? I'd try using another earpiece to rule out the earpiece itself that has a problem.

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
I mean the problem appears when I call trough handset, have to press "speaker" and again headset to make it working- otherwise I can't hear the other side and the other side can't hear me. The strange thing is that there is no such a problem when use Siri or Viber's option "place regular phone call". So my bet is for software glitch just with default phone's dialer..

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Now I can tell for sure- this problem appears mostly when data is off and never when is on... Very strange..

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
It is not only when on charger, today happened when I used it normally...
Very strange, once I turn my data off and starting face this problem..

climber20

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2011
I had a similar problem, but it was unrelated to the data on/off status. About 1 of 5 calls would connect with no sound in the earpiece. Apparently this is a pretty common problem- if you google "audiogate apple" there are several recent news articles about it.

I sent my iPhone 4S back to Apple and had them send me a replacement. Since I got my new phone, I never had the problem recur again.