Any solution for this terrible outgoing calls audio problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, Jan 9, 2012.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Hello, yesterday by the time my phone was plugged in, I couldn't make any outgoing calls without this awful audio problem with no sound in the earpiece. Ince I took the phone out of the charger- the problem disappeared and today it happened again- I have to switch to speaker mode and then back to the earpiece - then it is ok. I saw this huge topic on Apple discussion forum, but there is not a clear solution. For me this seems like software problem rather than hardware. Anybody with same experience?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Are you using a OEM charger?

I am betting on a hadware problem.

3. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Interference, maybe? I'd try using another earpiece to rule out the earpiece itself that has a problem.

4. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I mean the problem appears when I call trough handset, have to press "speaker" and again headset to make it working- otherwise I can't hear the other side and the other side can't hear me. The strange thing is that there is no such a problem when use Siri or Viber's option "place regular phone call". So my bet is for software glitch just with default phone's dialer..

5. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now I can tell for sure- this problem appears mostly when data is off and never when is on... Very strange..

6. cssgallerylist macrumors newbie

Same issue

I face the same problem last few week before, i changed the charger and get resolved

7. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I have the same problem but why would the charger make a difference and why does it only do it some of the time?

8. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is not only when on charger, today happened when I used it normally...
    Very strange, once I turn my data off and starting face this problem..

9. climber20 macrumors member

I had a similar problem, but it was unrelated to the data on/off status. About 1 of 5 calls would connect with no sound in the earpiece. Apparently this is a pretty common problem- if you google "audiogate apple" there are several recent news articles about it.

I sent my iPhone 4S back to Apple and had them send me a replacement. Since I got my new phone, I never had the problem recur again.