Any suggestions for a laptop bag for a first time converter to a MAC ?

keramidas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Hi all,

Considering this is my first MAC after 20 years in IT administration, i was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to offer suggestions on a laptop bag for my new macbook pro 15 ?

Thanx

danetello

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I personally use The North Face Borealis backpack, together with an Incase sleeve. The North Face bag has a compartment to fit a 15" laptop together with the case. It keeps it slightly raised from the bottom of the bag, so that when you place it on the floor the laptop never touches the ground. So there is less chance of damage.

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
<3 timbuk2. But I'm bias. It's a local business and I've been supporting hem for years.

I would highly recommend the command, d-lux, or commute 2.0 bag. I've had personal experience with all 3 and they're fantastic.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
I'm in the exact same boat as you my fellow IT friend! Thanks for asking this question! :)

Hi all,

Considering this is my first MAC after 20 years in IT administration, i was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to offer suggestions on a laptop bag for my new macbook pro 15 ?

Thanx

Randizzledante

macrumors regular
May 21, 2011
I personally use The North Face Borealis backpack, together with an Incase sleeve. The North Face bag has a compartment to fit a 15" laptop together with the case. It keeps it slightly raised from the bottom of the bag, so that when you place it on the floor the laptop never touches the ground. So there is less chance of damage.
Looked this up just now and I've never fallen in love with an inanimate object so fast. Ordering from REI now :D