Any suggestions for selling iPhone 5 in NYC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FooArk, Aug 16, 2013.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

I havent done this in a while. Is Craigslist still the best option?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Sell it in the classified section of here or imore.com. I never sell phones on craigslist. I always found the forums to be the best.

4. rockitdog Suspended

5. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I want to say if u can't sell it in NYC, u can't sell it anywhere. :D But the back alley is good too.

Surely NYC has drive-by streets for everything. A few years ago I read 87 street and something there is a block where all the drive-by mechanics are. You got a car problem, don't want to pay top dollars, go to that street and the guys with tools in hands will fix things for you right there on the curb! Only in NYC! :D

eBay, if u can pass the stupid bidders who have zero transaction, and after wining, ask if you can ship to Bangladesh.

7. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

I agree. List it as US shoppers only, set it at the price you want (no auction), pay at checkout with PayPal only. Ship it with a signature required.

8. FooArk thread starter macrumors 6502

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

There's a minimum amount of posts and a certain amount of time you have to reach to see the Marketplace.

Craigslist is best. Fastest way to get cash. Make sure to bring a friend, meet in daylight, preferably at a Starbucks. Trust your gut feeling. If something doesn't feel right during communication, back away.

10. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I typically use craigslist this time a year to resell my iPhone. ALWAYS meet in a public place. I always choose Starbucks for both of your own safety :)

P.S sold my iPhone 5 16 GB AT&T pristine condition for $560.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

To get jacked and ripped off due to scum bag buyers.

12. 617aircav Suspended

Yeah because that happens to every single person.

13. emscie macrumors newbie

Waow! Congrats. Was this a brand new, never used one?
    I have one right now, still brand new in the box that I am trying to sell. Can you please explain how you unlocked the phone?

----------

Waow! Congrats. Was this a brand new, never used one?
    I have one right now, still brand new in the box that I am trying to sell. Can you please explain how you unlocked the phone? See my thread please.

14. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Thanks, the phone was used. I think I got lucky because used phones in my area were selling around $450-$480 tops,lol. Anyways, the way to unlock your phone is through this website,http://unlockfusion.net/unlock/at-t-usa-apple-iphone-unlock-12-24-hours. Its legit. Thats how I unlocked my wife's phone. I had no problems with them. I'm guessing you have AT&T?