Any suggestions on my vacation destination? (5/6 to 5/11)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by YS2003, Apr 14, 2010.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I have secured a 6-day holiday from 5/6 to 5/11. I am interested in your suggestions on a vacation destination.

Some of the key points:
    I am in Tokyo.
    I've been to Hawaii, Hong Kong, and Singapore. (I've been a long time resident in New York/New Jersey, by the way).
    I want to keep the traveling time less than 8 hours (if it is over 12 hours, I would be spending a few days on a plane or at airports.).
    I like beaches (I had a blast when I was in Hawaii in the same month a few years ago).
    I am a Mac user (dah...) and drives a sports car (I enjoy a good drive on a nice set of wheels).
    I prefer the economical accommodation at destinations as I want to spend on things I can experience and/or bring home with me.

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

If your into diving the Federated States of Micronesia are well within range.Vietnam,Rarotonga,Brisbane,Fiji or Auckland (it's over your flight limit but only an overnight flight)Sydney even.

3. ethical macrumors 68000

What about Thailand if you like beaches?
    Some of the islands like Ko Phi Phi have beautiful beaches, and if you've seen the movie The Beach, that was shot on Ko Phi Phi Lee. Google it...absolutely stunning!

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

well your time frame limit really removes most of the U.S. oh well.

if you like beaches, you got to try Miami Beach at least sometime.

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Have you ever been on a cruise? I'm not sure what cruises around Tokyo go to sunny beaches, but I go on 7-day cruises to the Caribbean all the time and I love it. It never gets old.

6. statik13 macrumors regular

Good on you for travelling! Not enough people take the time to travel out of their own country.

6 days isn't that long, but you can expand it a bit if you take night flights. That way you're busy sleeping while in transit. Keep within a few hours of your own time zone and it is even better.

Can't advise much for beaches as I tend to stay away from those for my holidays. What about doing a short adventure tour through Australia?

7. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

What kind of tours is it? Australia sounds a good place to visit. Can you give me a little more details on that?

8. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Virgin Islands maybe?? I'm planning a trip there for late this summer and will be island hopping. :)

9. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

10. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Thanks for suggestions. I am now leaning toward Brisbane Australia this time around. If you have any suggestion on places to visit and accommodations (I don't care luxury as far as where I stay, provided it is a nice an clean living environment.

11. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

I'd vote for the southwestern coast of Turkey. You can take direct flights from Tokyo. The beaches are warm this time of year and yet the tourist season is not yet into swing - which means you will get incredible deals at 5 star resorts. You can rent a sports car - or even a motorcycle and just curise along the lagoons. Practically every other lagoon has some sunken ship, ancient ruin, etc. And the food is absolutely incredible - fish, vegetable dishes, and kebabs. You can even hire a boat to take you (on the cheap) along the lagoons and have an all inclusive vacation that way... I wish I was in your shoes!