Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I have secured a 6-day holiday from 5/6 to 5/11. I am interested in your suggestions on a vacation destination.

Some of the key points:
I am in Tokyo.
I've been to Hawaii, Hong Kong, and Singapore. (I've been a long time resident in New York/New Jersey, by the way).
I want to keep the traveling time less than 8 hours (if it is over 12 hours, I would be spending a few days on a plane or at airports.).
I like beaches (I had a blast when I was in Hawaii in the same month a few years ago).
I am a Mac user (dah...) and drives a sports car (I enjoy a good drive on a nice set of wheels).
I prefer the economical accommodation at destinations as I want to spend on things I can experience and/or bring home with me.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
What about Thailand if you like beaches?
Some of the islands like Ko Phi Phi have beautiful beaches, and if you've seen the movie The Beach, that was shot on Ko Phi Phi Lee. Google it...absolutely stunning!

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
well your time frame limit really removes most of the U.S. oh well.

if you like beaches, you got to try Miami Beach at least sometime.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I like beaches (I had a blast when I was in Hawaii in the same month a few years ago).

Have you ever been on a cruise? I'm not sure what cruises around Tokyo go to sunny beaches, but I go on 7-day cruises to the Caribbean all the time and I love it. It never gets old.

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
Good on you for travelling! Not enough people take the time to travel out of their own country.

6 days isn't that long, but you can expand it a bit if you take night flights. That way you're busy sleeping while in transit. Keep within a few hours of your own time zone and it is even better.

Can't advise much for beaches as I tend to stay away from those for my holidays. What about doing a short adventure tour through Australia?

nobunaga209

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
TX
Virgin Islands maybe?? I'm planning a trip there for late this summer and will be island hopping. :)

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Thanks for suggestions. I am now leaning toward Brisbane Australia this time around. If you have any suggestion on places to visit and accommodations (I don't care luxury as far as where I stay, provided it is a nice an clean living environment.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
I have secured a 6-day holiday from 5/6 to 5/11. I am interested in your suggestions on a vacation destination.

Some of the key points:
I am in Tokyo.
I've been to Hawaii, Hong Kong, and Singapore. (I've been a long time resident in New York/New Jersey, by the way).
I want to keep the traveling time less than 8 hours (if it is over 12 hours, I would be spending a few days on a plane or at airports.).
I am a Mac user (dah...) and drives a sports car (I enjoy a good drive on a nice set of wheels).
I prefer the economical accommodation at destinations as I want to spend on things I can experience and/or bring home with me.

I'd vote for the southwestern coast of Turkey. You can take direct flights from Tokyo. The beaches are warm this time of year and yet the tourist season is not yet into swing - which means you will get incredible deals at 5 star resorts. You can rent a sports car - or even a motorcycle and just curise along the lagoons. Practically every other lagoon has some sunken ship, ancient ruin, etc. And the food is absolutely incredible - fish, vegetable dishes, and kebabs. You can even hire a boat to take you (on the cheap) along the lagoons and have an all inclusive vacation that way... I wish I was in your shoes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.