Any suggestions regarding USB recievers and them being on the left of the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceboots06, Jun 16, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

My VX Revo receiver does not like being on the left side of my notebook. On my older notebooks the USB ports were either on the back of the computer or the right side of the computer. Seeing that I'm right handed and the USB reciever is on the left of the computer I experience the mouse going in and out in terms of tracking my movements and clicks registering only sometimes. This happens in both OS X and Windows XP but more in the latter. I'm shocked that this happens seeing that it's an expensive mouse, but I did buy it within the week it came out. I've also dropped it several times, blowing the frictionless scroll feature to hell. :(

What should I do about this? Should I demand Apple talk my notebook back and either modify it or make me a custom one that has USB ports on the right side and an optical drive on the left?

Thanks!

2. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

You think they're going to make you a custom laptop with ports and disc drive switched around?

I don't get it. This wireless mouse has a wireless range of... 18 inches? Sounds like problems with the mouse, not the computer.

(I can't tell if this thread is serious or not, especially after looking at your signature)

3. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Don't get my hopes down! I've spoken to Apple Care before and they're very, very kind. I'm sure they could arrange something in terms of a "special" computer.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But I am having problems with the USB. I guess it's just time for a new mouse even though this one seems fine. I guess it's really not though.

I wish there was like a 170 character limit on the signatures so I could add that it's running Windows XP 32 Bit. That might boil some people's blood though.