Any tips for taking an AT&T iPhone to Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zorinlynx, Apr 22, 2013.

1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This will be the first time I roam internationally with my phone. I'll be in Canada for five days.

I was thinking of getting the $30 120MB international plan from AT&T, as it will come in handy for using Google and Apple maps, looking things up, etc. while on the road.

I've already read that I should forward my line to voicemail to avoid unexpected charges should people call me while I'm roaming. 'tis better to call them back (something I have control over) than to answer some telemarketer and get charged.

Any other tips? Is there a "best choice" for provider to roam on? I know you supposedly get a choice in the "Carrier" menu.

2. aj.ilover04 macrumors member

You can get your iPhone factory unlocked for very cheap and then use local canada carrier - the one you like. PM me if you want to know more.

3. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Get your iPhone unlocked from swiftunlocks.com for $1.99 (don't need to pay anyone more....) takes about 24hours to get it done currently or you can ebay it (you can get it done within like 5 minutes for about $10 more) and use Virgin Mobile...they have the best options $35 gives you Unlimited Incoming, Unlimited Talking after 7pm daily and 7pm friday-monday 8am on weekends, 250MB Data, Unlimited Texting to Canada & USA...

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Siri will start saying eh? (tired old jokes) :D

5. Brad02 macrumors regular

Did you take your Canada trip yet? Just wondering how it worked out for you. I am going to Canada in August and I am wanting to do the same thing.