Any UAE Users Here? Facetime Related

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by itsmilo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. itsmilo macrumors 68000

itsmilo

anyone from UAE here? As you may be aware, Facetime is blocked / hidden on those devices and I am currently on iOS 10.3.3 and i can get Facetime back by setting the region to Egypt only.

Does that trick still work on iOS 11 beta? Thanks!

2. ashindnile macrumors 6502

I can claim to have a little knowledge in this area, as I once made the mistake of buying an iPhone in the Dubai airport where my flight connected.
    I can judge, from your post, that you've got an iPad (WiFi only). To answer your question, yes FaceTime should work when the device region is set to Egypt.

3. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

Is there any way to un-hide the FaceTime app on an iPhone bought in the UAE? My problem is that even after wiping the iPhone clean and setting it up for another user in Europe with a French Apple account, the FaceTime app is still nowhere to be found?

4. ashindnile macrumors 6502

Unfortunately no, unless you have a SIM card from Egypt I've heard. Or Qatar.

5. Illumiiinati macrumors member

Illumiiinati

my iPhone 7 is US version and the FaceTime works fine on cellular. But my wife’s 6s+ is UAE version, her region set to my home country but still we couldn’t find FaceTime anywhere, I checked this on google and I couldn’t find any proper answers.

6. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 68000

itsmilo

Have u tried setting the region to egypt? Maybe it only works on wifi iPad i am not sure.