Any UK iPhone owners know of a National Trust/English heritage app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeKozy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. JoeKozy macrumors member

Does anyone out there know of an app that will tell you of any historic buildings (generally National Trust, English Heritage etc.) in your immediate vicinity?

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I haven't seen any floating around in the App Store :/

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

None that I know of… the only thing remotely like that is this site:
    POIfriend

4. memesmith macrumors regular

Well, I work for the National Trust, and I can confidently say I know of no such app. Though of our developers did recently show me a proof of concept for repurposing parts of our virtual tour content for use on the iPhone.

We've recently adopted google mapping for our website, http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-beta-map.htm so there's a bunch more detail there that a whiz with google API's might put to good advantage in an App, and I for one would buy it.

5. penbox macrumors newbie

6. iantearle, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

iantearle macrumors newbie

Heritage App

http://heritage-app.com

Heritage App is now in the App Store.

It Features English Heritage, National Trust and independent properties mapped and now properties from CADW in Wales.

There are even more properties coming soon as updates too! Including those in Scotland.

http://cmsurl.com/55 - direct link for you.

7. alFR macrumors 68020

There's an official NT app as well, plus another one called UK Heritage Locations (but that one gets quite poor reviews). Oh, by the way:

• It'd be nice if you made your interest in the Heritage App clear (as its developer) when you post on here
    • The single 5-star review for the Heritage App on iTunes, by someone who has never reviewed anything else, smells like astroturfing.

8. iantearle macrumors newbie

Apologies, yes I am the developer, but that was obvious with my name all over it, and my intent here is only to provide an alternative, there are no advertising on the application and it's free to download, so I'm not providing my post here as self gain in any revenue terms.

As for the rating and review, I guarantee I had nothing to do with that, if that is what you are suggesting, I should imagine, as I have asked friends and family to install to their iPhones, as any of us would do, that it is one of those trying to be helpful, perhaps even kind by providing a review. Again, I had nothing to do with it.

Incidentally, I am currently working on the addition of 329 national trust properties, and welsh heritage properties for an update coming in around 4 weeks. (if all goes well).