Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Any of those people tried putting their O2 sim card from the iPhone into their unlocked Mifi? Success?

Yes, this is iPad-related.

mattyboy7110

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
I have. It works but o2 are hot on checking what you are using your sim in. Whilst I didn't use my contract sim, I used a pay and go sim with the iPhone allowance and I got a text telling me I'd lose the allowance if I wasn't using the sim in an iPhone.

I use a vodafone sim in mine now, one of the ones they did where you paid £15 for 1GB of data that didn't expire. My browsing outside the house is rare so this was the best value for money for me without resorting to swapping sim cards all the time.

Just got back from lunch in a cafe with particularly bad O2 signal and the MiFi serviced my iPad and two iPhones at the same time just as well as if I'd have been at home using my wifi.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Thanks for the info. That's brilliant... I heard that most of the pay as you go sims that are available right now don't carry over unused credit/allowance into the next month. That's exactly what I'd like if I can't use my iPhone's sim card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.