Any updates on status of EDGE option through AT&T on 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by capcaveman, Nov 4, 2011.

1. capcaveman macrumors member

I searched but couldn't find anything new on this and as I was afraid, sometimes when 3G and Wifi both bog down at my office listening to streaming audio is awful. On my iPhone 4 I could manually go in and turn off everything except EDGE and the streaming was perfect. But with 5.0 this is gone. Has anyone heard if this capability might be restored down the road or am I still screwed?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I do not think there is any interest in adding the control for the users.:eek:

3. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I have heard that because the chipset for the radio is different for the 4S (it is the same as the Verizon 4, but different than the AT&T 4) we may not ever get the option to force EDGE. Which is a shame.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Have you voiced your opinion at apple.com/feedback ??

That is the only way to know you. Have made yourself heard!

5. capcaveman thread starter macrumors member

Nah, posting my complaints here will increase the chances apple actually reads them. ha. Thanks, I had Siri give 'em an ear full on the feedback link. Here's hoping.

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Just realized they did remove this option. I'm assuming it's still available under SBSettings if you jailbreak your iPhone. I doubt Apple will bring the functionality back. Whenever they remove a functionality, that usually means it won't be coming back.