Any verdict on importance of arriving early if you have a reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrl0902, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mrl0902 macrumors newbie

I have a reservation for in-store pick up. Has any final verdict been reached regarding how important it is to arrive at the apple store in the wee hours of the morning? By arriving early, am I really just adding unnecessary waiting time to my experience? If I waited until mid-day, would I be more likely to just walk in and pick up my reserved iphone, since I could bypass the non-reservation line?

I apologize for asking such a common question, but I couldn't find out if an official answer to this question has been made.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

There will still be lines for Reservation. Some people wait in line early so they can get out of the store sooner after it opens. If you show up later in the day, there's a good chance you'll wait a few hours even for a reservation. ;)

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I had an apt on saturday at the genius bar (for an iPod issue), and the Genius told me that as long as I'm on the reservation list, I have until closing day June 24th to pick up my iPhone and they will hold it all day, but if I fail to show up June 24th, then on the 25th it will all be first-come first-served.

unfortunately I cancelled my reservation because I'm waiting for the White iPhone. He told me that by canceling my reservations, I've made another person really happy.