Any video of X working with aftermarket cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ricktat, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

Lots of videos but I have only seen Apple cases.

Do aftermarket cases work easily with the home swipe?

Anyone got a video link?

2. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

Maybe this a rule for the early reviewers.

Guess Australia can tell us later today.

3. Avenger macrumors 6502a

This is what I mentioned in a post further down. That it's possible that the raised case edge on the bottom could make the home swipe more difficult. The bezels are so minimal.

4. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

People can mimic the Home gesture if they currently have a case with lips & are using Chrome - they can swipe in from the left or right (browser back/forward) to get an idea of how the lip interferes with the gesture.

5. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

Using your test give me exactly what I thought. Not impossible but slightly annoying.

6. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Exactly. & swiping down for Reachability (if you use it) will be more annoying.

7. cjrulli macrumors regular

Get a case with a small lip, throw a thin glass protector on it and boom, less of a gap between the two. I don't think this will be a huge issue with the new iPhone and the cases. Might just take some getting used to.

8. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

True. A thicker glass screen protector will even the two heights. Thing is, a protector that's suited for cases may not go right up to the lip, & therefore introduce a gap between the edge of the protector & the lip....this could make things worse as you have a high lip, then deep(er) gap, then protector.

I use a film type protector which almost hits the edge as you can see below, but I can still feel it when swiping in Chrome.
    39EA087A-E099-47A6-B1C8-2F084CE499C3.jpeg

You're right - it may just be a comfort thing, but worth considering when deciding on a case/screen.