Any way I can just add a line, without the iPhone option on a jb'ed iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cmm, Dec 14, 2010.

1. cmm macrumors 6502a

I need to add another line to my iPhone Premier (small business) plan: is there any way to forego the $30 data fee for that line (both iPhones are jb'ed -- if need be, I could do an unlock..)?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

With a 2G you can get away with it with 3G, 3GS and i4 is required and they can add it automatically to your account.
    No jb and unlocking will get u around that. You can use the $15 200mb plan or the 2GB $25 option.

3. el-John-o macrumors 65816

AFAIK they will detect the device via IMEI (similar to a PC's MAC address). So no matter what OS, be it jailbroken or otherwise, they will know what it is. Their computer systems will detect it and "correct" the discrepancy. It's an idiot-proofing really, someone getting an iPhone off of eBay, jabbing their SIM card in it, assuming they will never use Data (or didn't know it costs, hey some people ya know?), and then get a huge bill and fight with AT&T over it for 6 months.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The unlock is only good if you want to use T-mobile. The only way to get away from the data is pay as you go. It's possible T-mobile doesn't automatically add the data plan, but that defeats the purpose of adding to your AT&T account.