Any way of getting Sprint's $36 activation fee waived?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iprime, Oct 6, 2011.

1. iprime macrumors member

I am switching from t-mobile to sprint. I really don't want to pay $36 each for 4 lines just for activation. Should I pre-order tonight or wait until tomorrow and see if they could waive the fee by calling them?

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Actually calling them is a good idea. I often get my $18 upgrade fee waived by AT&T just by calling and being kind to the CSR. Don't be an ass, be polite; that's the key.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I've always been able to get my fee waived with AT&T by saying the benefits manager of my company told me I would be able to get my fee waived as part of the FAN discount.

4. iprime thread starter macrumors member

I will go ahead and pre-order and I have 3 days to return the phones without being charged the activation fee if they don't agree to cancel it. I am sure they don't want to lose 4 customers just because activation fee.

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I have found that getting an $18 upgrade fee waived is much easier than getting a $36 activation fee waived.

6. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

$36 fee new activation is easy to remove. Call Sprint, tell them you want to speak to a supervisor and tell him to remove the fee or you're returning the phone(s). It rarely fails.

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have had AT&T and Verizon retroactively waive my activation fee several times by asking customer service politely. I usually mention (truthfully) that it makes that first bill a bit more than I can comfortably pay.