Any way of setting up email with hotmail? is there a way around this without paying?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cheecher, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Cheecher macrumors newbie

I have a apple 3g 16gig, and i want to set up email i know i can if i pay something like 30 bucks a month or whatever it is but im wondering if there is any way around this?

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. Maury macrumors 6502

Sadly no, I went through this myself recently.

However, you might want to try looking for some webmail scrapers. I found this one: http://webmail.mozdev.org/ so I could one-time scrape everything off Hotmail and then close my account (all spam now anyway). You might be able to use something like this, and then use an e-mail package's (in this case, Thunderbird) to auto-forward into another account.

Maury

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

theres probaly a way in hotmail to foward everyhitng you get to another email account

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

6. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

The paid account cost about $20 per year and you get POP3 access with it. That's how I use Hotmail on my iPhone.

7. Maury macrumors 6502

Nope, MS cut that off a while back.

Basically MS pays for the service with ads. So if you use POP3 and don't see the ads, they loose money. So they cut you off. Nice eh?

Maury

8. wagbass macrumors newbie

wagbass

as the a previous poster mentioned mBox is the way to go. Works perfectly :)

9. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yeah, use mBoxMail.. I'm telling you, I put it on my wife's phone and it works just like the other email accounts on the iPhone.. check the video review to see it.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have a Hotmail e-mail account and for my iPhone, I bought mBoxMail and it is great. However, I have one problem and thought maybe someone knows a work-around.

I took a picture today and tried to e-mail it to someone (because Stevie thinks it's better than MMS). However, whenever you click on a photo to e-mail, it defaults to the native e-mail program that came on the iPhone. And since I don't have this set-up, I can't send pics via e-mail. As I understand it, you can't send pics through mBoxMail either, right? So, does anyone know a way around this? Thanks.