Any way to be reminded to stand/walk like the Watch?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kmj2318, Apr 14, 2015.

1. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Does anyone know a way? I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard because all the step counters I've seen show your steps distributed through time. There should be a way to get reminded every hour or so if you haven't taken a certain amount of steps for that block of time.

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Can't you just set a reminder or calendar alert to go off hourly, the same way you set a reminder to affix your head to your body before you leave for work?☺️

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

That doesn't quite work the same as the OP wants it to remind you to move if you haven't moved in an hour. The reminder's app/calendar doesn't take into effect if you've "moved' (Geo-location aside as that doesn't work in this scenario).

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

No harm in moving again I guess? ☺️

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

True...I wonder if this is even possible in iOS (to create an app that constantly monitors movement or checks once an hour if you moved).

6. whatos macrumors 6502a

It's fast and easy. Using the app called "DUE" I set the timer for and hour just one time. Then I just reuse that one over and over. Been doing this for three years, it's so easy and reliable.

In addition DUE reminders are my preference over the iOS APP. DUE syncs with my MacBook ProR and iPad too.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There's a great app I've been using called 'Stand Up!.' It does just what you're looking for. You can set, say, your work hours M-F. Then, you can tell it to remind you at a certain interval during those days. It will send you a reminder, to which you can reply 'I'm up," "not now," or essentially snooze the alert for you to stand up.

It's pretty cool. I'll be deleting it once my Apple Watch comes but for now it does the trick.