Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I want the "+" button next to the url on safari to "add to favorites". not add to reading list, which i don't use.

Any way to make add to favorites the default?

its how it used to be before the recent update to safari.

I would press the "+" button and the page i was on would save in the favorites and i could see it on the favorites bar above tall the tabs. which was super convenient.

any help is appreciated. thanks !!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I don't know of a way to change the behavior of that +, but you can hit the command-d keys together and that will save a bookmark quickly.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
You have to press & hold the + button until a menu pops up, then click on "Favorites" or any other folder in your Bookmarks. Yes, a bit more annoying than it used to be!

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I'm glad I could help. This click and hold lag is similar to what one has to do to see file paths in Spotlight Search: hold command while hovering over a file---you have to wait & wait, then wait some more as the file path scrolls up from the bottom of the pop-out. These are the only two instances I've found in Mavericks so far, but it seems to be a Thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.