Any way to edit text suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james-bailey, Nov 7, 2011.

1. james-bailey macrumors regular

I there anyway to edit what my phone, which is on IOS 5, is suggesting when texting? Becoming really annoying, like for example ta turns to TA, xx to zz, sos to SOS and plenty of others.

Some have only just changed recently, maybe due to a typo error at somepoint but now it seems to of stuck?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

If you tap on the suggestion before typing anything else, including a space, that should "teach" the phone to accept and no longer provide suggestions for what you're typing. You may have to do it more than once though.

3. Will69 macrumors regular

Yeah, too often it spells "ducked" when I was trying to write another, different word.

Anyway, good question, OP.

I shortcut you're and your with ur. Yeah I know it's not proper, but I need the shortcut. I text a lot. It tries to change "ur" to "it".

I wish I could completely remove words from the database. For example, "nit" is a real word, but the probability that the intended word was "not" is about 99.9%. PLEASE REMOVE NIT, and i'm not talking about lice. ;)

U, I, and O are the most common issues for me, and they are often confused because they're close together.

Those vowels, when confused, happen to make other real words.
    Like for example when you text a girl, "You're hit. I want to lock you. I can't believe you showed my your pissy"

4. nmork macrumors regular

[​IMG]

5. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

dude, come on. it's an iPhone with a QWERY keyboard, not a T9 number pad for crying out loud. If you're too lazy to spell out "you're" or "your", you don't deserve an iPhone.

6. Jman13 macrumors 68000

If you text a girl the above message, you've got bigger issues than autocorrect.