Any way to get LockInfo to read my PocketInformant Calendar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GLOC, Jan 23, 2010.

1. GLOC macrumors member

I use PIIP as my main calendar and task monitoring tool.

I have found that LI reads the main calendar and not the calendar created by PIIP. As I don't use a desktop to sync my calendar data, is there anyway to get LI to read the PIIP data. My PIIP syncs with Google Calendar if that helps.

Regards

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

does the app import to the native calendar or in anyway be synced via itunes to device?

3. AFRet macrumors newbie

Using Exchange...

I use an exchange server to sync my PI calendars with google calendar, then whenever I run Calendar on the IP, it reads google calendar, and brings it up to date.

Easier solution: use IntelliScreen. It will read PI's calendars without any problem. At least that's the way it works for me.

4. atr macrumors regular

I had a forum discussion a month or so go with Alex (??), the guy from PI (Pocket Informant) in one of their threads about this. It was about jailbreaking, he had just done it for the first time. He said in the thread that he was thinking of putting together the code to bring the PI info into either LockInfo or Element (if it ever gets done) as an add-on. He was going to do it in his "spare" time. Haven't heard anything about it since but I haven't been on WebIS (Forum) in awhile.

5. GLOC thread starter macrumors member

AFRet, I too use an Exchange Server but that doesn't seem to sync with my main calendar (although I am running my Google Calendar with PI as my main calendar which might explain why this is the case). Edit: I am using a proper exchange server for mail etc so can't set up an Active Sync Exchange Server as only ES allowed on the iPhone. I don't want to use Intellisync as I tried that before and prefer LI.

atr - thanks, I will have a look at the WebIs forum and see what comes up. I know Alex was a little busy fixing a bug in the software which stopped anyone using the software after the 15 Jan (beta code left in)....oops.

Regards

6. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Set your native calendar to sync with Google calendar through Exchange and then Pocketinformant to sync with Google. Then select for events to show up on Lockscreen and it will!