Any way to get phone audio to run through the car speakers?

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I have a mount for my iphone which is plugged in with a charger and an aux cable so I can listen to podcasts while driving.

I remember a while back I could make a fart app run through my speakers, which would freak people out when I had the windows down and the volume turned up loud.

But I haven't a clue as to how to run a phone call through the speakers. Anyone?

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
I have a mount for my iphone which is plugged in with a charger and an aux cable so I can listen to podcasts while driving.

I remember a while back I could make a fart app run through my speakers, which would freak people out when I had the windows down and the volume turned up loud.

But I haven't a clue as to how to run a phone call through the speakers. Anyone?
Are you being real right now? Lol

Your call will go through the speakers over an AUX cable. Not sure what the issue is unless you have a weird setup. Your voice will be picked up through the MIC on the phone. Everything else will be through the speakers. What am I missing here with your question?

Comment

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
iPhone is already capable of allowing calls through your car's Bluetooth, long time ago. You now need a car that can accept that.

Comment

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Are you being real right now? Lol

Your call will go through the speakers over an AUX cable. Not sure what the issue is unless you have a weird setup. Your voice will be picked up through the MIC on the phone. Everything else will be through the speakers. What am I missing here with your question?
Maybe I am doing something wrong. I tried but it didn't work. I'll play with it again. I honestly thought it could be done, but it must be a PEBKAC issue.

Comment

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
Maybe I am doing something wrong. I tried but it didn't work. I'll play with it again. I honestly thought it could be done, but it must be a PEBKAC issue.
Calls will go through AUX. The stereo cable if it's plugged into your phone and goes to your car. If you can hear music, you will hear the call, ringing, people and everything else involved with a call.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.