Any way to get unlimited on AT&T?

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I'm on the 3GB plan and its not going to be enough. Almost a gig used in a day.

What can I do to get on that unlimited plan?

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
The only way I know of is to have a company plan that negotiated it back into their contract. My company is part of an equity firm and they have a contract with ATT which allows us to add unlimited data (including international) to any line.

I'm not aware of any other method.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
there is one way. Find someone already on AT&T network who already has the unlimited plan, who want out of their contract, and doesn't want to pay the ETF.

Offer to switch the contract into your name. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there right now who want to switch to Verizon, and get the iPhone 5, but wont b/c of the ETF.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I'm on the 3GB plan and its not going to be enough. Almost a gig used in a day.

What can I do to get on that unlimited plan?
You do realize that unlimited is limited, right? Ever heard of throttle?

As to getting someone elses plan/account... you also get their phone number.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Unlimited plan doesn't matter much these days anyway, especially with your usage pattern. They throttle after 3GB for 3G/4G and 5GB on LTE, and after that you drop down to Edge. So you won't be able to do video streaming on it.

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I'm mostly playing games, streaming music, and surfing the web.

I'm not opposed to paying the ETF but not if throttling is going to be as extreme as dropping to EDGE.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Don't you have wifi at home or work? With your data usage, even "unlimited" won't be enough for you. You'll get throttled, but at least your bill will stay the same.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I'm mostly playing games, streaming music, and surfing the web.

I'm not opposed to paying the ETF but not if throttling is going to be as extreme as dropping to EDGE.
I wouldn't listen to everyone on here. I'm a heavy data user and I have unlimited. I've gone over 4gb for the last two months on my 3 gs an no throttling. Haven't tried on my. 5 though.

Good luck

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
there is one way. Find someone already on AT&T network who already has the unlimited plan, who want out of their contract, and doesn't want to pay the ETF.

Data plans do not transfer on AT&T so that will not work

----------

And your source is ? My problem is , I've been told its at 2gb, 3 gb, 4gb, and I know it's not based off my usage. Just like the guy above saying its 3 or whatever he said. Thanks
It's 5 gigs

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
My AT&T rep told me that 3G plans throttle to edge, but with LTE rolling out, LTE plans throttle to 3G

5GB of LTE then unlimited 3G is still a pretty good deal.

Though, obviously, take this with a grain of salt, we know how knowledgable AT&T reps can be.