Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuk1219

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have unlimited for iPhone 4s from the family plan, is there any possible way for me to get unlimited on iPad LTE? I've read On the forums that some people had unlimited on the iPad because of their iPhone unlimited plan.
Thanks!

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama
I just called and talked with them for 30mins myself and there is nothing they can do. I even tried to move my unlimited line from my 4s to the iPad and they couldn't. They tried.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
That sux Verizon allows me to use my unlimited LTE sim from my phone in my ipad 3 plus I get hotspot for free. AT&T is lame.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
That sux Verizon allows me to use my unlimited LTE sim from my phone in my ipad 3 plus I get hotspot for free. AT&T is lame.

Are u sure u see the hotspot option with ur LTE sim?

I put my LTE sim from my Verizon galaxy nexus into Verizon LTE iPad. Data is perfect. However I do not see hotspot option under cellular options.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011

I put my LTE sim from my Verizon galaxy nexus into Verizon LTE iPad. Data is perfect. However I do not see hotspot option under cellular options.

I have not used the hotspot with my phone sim only with the one in the ipad.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Sure. Buy a grandfathered SIM on eBay. Prepare to pay though. Sold mine last year for $400.

tapn2me

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
VZ hotspot

Yep, it's there. Make sure wifi is turned off first, cellular data on, then general network the first time then it should appear on the main menu as long as wifi is first off.

As for AT&T sim, cut your sim to fit and use it is my suggestion.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007

It's there. At first I didn't see the hotspot option either.

Go under settings. Than general. Than you should see option for personal hotspot.

After u turn on hotspot. When u go on settings personal hotspot option will be right there without going back to general and network settings. It's weird but thats how it works.

Dkorda

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Grandfathered SIM? I'm surprised AT&T allows people to transfer the unlimited data when the SIM activated on another account.

Happens all the time Dunbar.

They're now $700+ on fleabay. Got mine with a used iPad 1. Paid about $100 over market for that iPad 1... So glad I don't need one now!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.