Any way to go about trading my black iPhone 5 for a white one?

Anthony T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have the AppleCare Warranty and all, but I know they won't just let me switch it for the color. I have a 32GB black/slate iPhone 5, and for some reason I've been wanting to switch over to the white/silver model.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2009
Only way to do it is either find someone else who wants to swap or sell yours and buy a white one.

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
So what is it your asking?…..How get apple to trade phones at no cost you?
Ain't but two ways….

Right and wrong.

Right you sell it and buy a white one or…..

You do it the wrong way.

Anthony T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
So what is it your asking?…..How get apple to trade phones at no cost you?
Ain't but two ways….

Right and wrong.

Right you sell it and buy a white one or…..

You do it the wrong way.
And what is the "wrong way"? ;)

rockitdog

macrumors 68020
Mar 25, 2013
The others are right, the only thing you can do is sell your black and buy the white or find someone on CL to trade with. Your Apple Care won't transfer though so you'll lose that.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
AppleCare is not for swapping to get a new phone whenever you feel like it. It's an extended warranty. If you're phone is not defective AppleCare has no baring on your request. If you're phone is defective, take it in for a replacement. You can ask for a white one at that time, but the answer will most likely be 'no'.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
AppleCare is not for swapping to get a new phone whenever you feel like it. It's an extended warranty. If you're phone is not defective AppleCare has no baring on your request. If you're phone is defective, take it in for a replacement. You can ask for a white one at that time, but the answer will most likely be 'no'.
The answer will definitely be no, otherwise, people would be bringing their iPhones in with bogus issues in attempts to swap colors.