Any way to lock the positions of apps on a 3G iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by juliainor, Mar 12, 2010.

1. juliainor macrumors member

I love my iPod touch, but so does my almost 2 year old son. For the most part, he plays his toddler games and is happy with that. But on occasion, he moves the app icons around, deletes some of them and so on.

Is there any way to lock down the locations of apps so they can only be moved either via iTunes or if a password is entered? Likewise, is there any way to password protect the settings "app"?

I'd rather not jailbreak, but if I could do these things if I j/b, I'd do it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a way to do it that doesn't require jailbreaking, though.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I'm not sure about JBing, but there's no way to 'lock' the apps from moving. And for now, no, there's no way to password protect the 'settings' app.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Jailbreaking offers this feature :]
    the app "iprotect" from cydia allows you to lock your app moving/deletion/password. they're all useful...i think the only app i couldn't lock was dtunes....which is weird lol. Good luck :]

4. juliainor thread starter macrumors member

Well, jailbreaking it is! Thank you so much. That is great news for me.

5. slomifier macrumors regular

The app Lockdown (free app) lets you passcode any app you want, and has a option that prevents icons from moving. It should be included in the default sources of Cydia