Any way to make the new iPhone 5 even lighter?

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I'm thinking by exchanging out the glass plates maybe.

Suggestions?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Can't really help you with your question but I'm curious why you'd want to make it even lighter? I feel it's already on the verge of feeling cheap because of its light weight.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I know it's already light but still I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
So you want to void the warranty already ?

Pump some iron and get stronger so the iphone 5 won't tire you so much. ;) Just had to say that. Sorry OP, but you do not make any sense. Even if you could it would be so small of a amount weight wise that it would be stupid to void the warranty over.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
So you want to void the warranty already ?

Pump some iron and get stronger so the iphone 5 won't tire you so much. ;) Just had to say that. Sorry OP, but you do not make any sense. Even if you could it would be so small of a amount weight wise that it would be stupid to void the warranty over.

I have a muscle disease. I wouldn't expect you to know that.

That's why I suppose it feels heavier to me than most.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Replace the battery with one half the size =)

Sure, half the battery life, but I'm willing to bet a good amount of the weight comes from the battery.

indecisiveKid

Suspended
Feb 16, 2012
Go easy on the guy, there are condition like Muscular Dystrophy that affect the muscles badly making the lightest of things heavy due to muscle wasting. Hope you get better soon although some of these conditions are incurable

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
All I can suggest:

Seriously though, i doubt it's really possible to reduce the weight by anything significant, at least not without spending a fortune.

nicknicknickh

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2011
Well actually you could add a case of sorts which was filled with Helium that would definitely reduce the weight (I think?) might only be a little depending on the case material

DVDxR

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Get a custom body made from magnesium. Drop the back glass panels. Smaller battery. I don't know how you could cut more weight than that and keep it functional.

ycoidi2000

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
Ooooh. Hydrogen can also be a metal. Let's get it cold enough and replace the case with hydrogen metal!

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Thanks everyone! Wasn't expecting the kind words. I'm all right I've had it for a long time and take meds to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.