iPad Any way to monitor or report what's using battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jayeskreezy, Feb 11, 2013.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I recently jailbroke my iPad 2 with a fresh install-not a backup and I've been installing different things. My battery seems to be draining a lot faster so I wanted to know if there was an app where I could better monitor what's being used by which app.

2. mamema macrumors regular

try apps in cydia called "batterydetective" or "batterylogger"

3. hafr macrumors 68030

I couldn't get Batterydetective to work, and Battery logger, ironically, uses an insane amount of battery.

----------

Search for BatteryDoctorPro in Cydia, it won't show up until you hit "search" though but it's in the BigBoss repo so you'll definitely find it. In the left hand panel you've got an option called Rank, in which one of the four sub-options lets you see how much battery your apps are using (or have been using since you installed BDP). It's great for finding apps that are power hungry, and also apps that are using battery when running in the background (for instance, my podcast-app shows up as using very much battery in relation to how many minutes it's been active, but it's almost exclusively running in the background so that's expected).

You should be aware of the difference in battery usage depending on connectivity as well. If you're playing a game that has iAds or is syncing to a server (i.e. uses data continuously), it'll use a lot more battery when on 3G than when on wifi. Using the read later-feature in Safari is a great way of saving battery if you tend to read the news when you don't have a wifi connection for instance.