Any way to not "require fingerprint immediately"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethereal45, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ethereal45 macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I just got my 5S the other day, and I have the auto-lock set at 5 minutes. If I shut the phone off and turn it back on, it makes me enter either the passcode or a fingerprint.

On my 4S there was an option to not "require pin code immediately" or after a certain amount of time, which I usually set to be 5 minutes, same as my auto-lock. Is this an option with the 5S? I have a security certificate/profile on here, but I think that is set to allow 15 minutes between passcodes (at least it was on my 4S).

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

As of now, if you have Touch ID enabled you must scan your finger print or enter the passcode each time you wake the device, you cannot set it for larger intervals.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Nope. Aslong as you have the fingerprint scanner enabled it'll always ask for that or your pass code after the phone is locked.

4. ethereal45 thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks guys. That's what I needed to know.

5. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

Try teaching yourself to wake the phone by pressing the home button and not the power (sleep/wake) button. If you leave your finger on the button a split second after releasing it, it will quickly read your fingerprint and unlock all in one motion. This method is almost like having no lock on it at all and works great once you get used to it.