Any way to pick up IP5 directly from shipping agency on the 21st?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doc shivers, Sep 13, 2012.

1. doc shivers macrumors member

Would it be possible to go in to the shipping agency early on the 21st, show them my ID, and pick up my IP5 package? I am asking this because when the 21st rolls around I don't want to be waiting on some burnt out hippie postal carrier to do his route while I am just sitting on my ass waiting for it to arrive. If I get it in the morning I could get so much more **** accomplished that day, not to mention being able to post pics of idiots waiting in long ass line queues.

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I think they ship FedEx, not USPS. The address is the carrier's billing address for the account. May need signature or not.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You certainly seem like the kind of individual everyone would want to help out. If you're so concerned, go wait in line at a store, I'm sure there won't be an hippies(? seriously?) at the store to inconvenience you.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Pretty sure the carriers, Fedex Ups USPS are against this sort of thing. If you KNEW yours was coming via postal carrier, you could put a hold on your mail, and then go to the post office to pick up your mail.

Then again, just about anything you try to do could easily backfire and your phone could bounce around and around for days, weeks.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

+1 internets for you, sir.

6. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

Nope you will have to wait till the courier makes their deliveries and they hit your stop. If they had tried to deliver it once prior, then you could call and have them hold the package at will call and pick it up. However since it will be their first attempt to deliver the phone, you will have to wait till they actually deliver the phone when they make their rounds.

7. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Nope. Curriers need to make a delivery attempt before allowing you to pick it up at their place.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It MAY be possible to ship to a FedEx/UPS location when ordering, but I've never tried to do that myself. When my MBP came a day early when I wasn't at the office I went and picked it up, but that still falls under the "attempted delivery" provision.

9. iMikeT macrumors 68020

I've had it happen many times where I went to pick up a package at the local FedEx or UPS. Of course, like you said, it was an attempted delivery before I was allowed to pick it up at the currier's.

Actually, when my iMac was out for delivery last year through FedEx, I called them and asked if they could hold it as I wouldn't be home to receive it. They said they couldn't stop it while it was on the truck and I had to wait until a delivery attempt was made. Then and only then could I arrange to pick it up at the local hub.

10. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Go out all day and do your ****, miss the delivery, then go collect it from the shipping agency when the driver gets back to the depot :D

11. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

That isn't true at all with UPS

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

From my experience it applies to them as well.

13. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Yes, you can do this. That is how I received my iPhone 4.

FedEx won't leave it at your door, since they'll require a signature for it. So you can go pick it up directly at your local FedEx shipping center.