Any way to recover contacts + settings lost during upgrade to iOS 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antster94, Jun 21, 2010.

1. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

Hey guys,

Basically, when I was upgrading to 4, I got some error that came up (something like MobileBackup.exe has crashed, not too sure what it was) and it stopped restoring. However, it is still called "Anthony's iPhone", the same as during the last upgrade and I synced it so I still have all my old apps. Is there anyway I can recover all these lost contacts etc? It's basically like a new phone now with apps, I had to so the shift+restore method to upgrade as my iTunes account wasn't logging in.

Oh and btw, yes I was doing it on Vista because my iMac broke a few weeks ago, so no comments like "because you're on Windows" please :p

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You should be able to "Restore from Backup" ;)

3. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Yeah I'm gonna do that tomorrow morning, that's what I was doing until Windows decided to **** it up for me, god I hate this OS :l

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why aren’t you syncing contacts in the first place?

BTW, it’s not a Windows problem. Plenty people have had the same issues with the Mac OS.

5. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Well I don't sync my contacts with Outlook or Mobile Me or anything like that, just my phonebook and Facebook. I think I'm just gonna ask my friends for their numbers the next time they are on Facebook, shouldn't be too bad as I only have the people in my phonebook that I call fairly regularly, about 100 in total as opposed to 800 Facebook friends.