Any way to recover messages from iCloud after downgrading to 6.1.4 from iOS7?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EvOlso, Jun 24, 2013.

1. EvOlso macrumors newbie

Going to iOS7 was a big mistake. The buginess made it unusable. During the time the beta was on my phone, I used the messaging, phone calling, etc. After getting back to 6.1.4, I was not able to do a restore backup made during the beta, and the most recent one is back in February. Is there any way to get the message/call/voicemail history back? Oh shoot... All my photos and email history are gone. Can I get those back too?

2. dextr3k macrumors 6502

If you have the backup file, I think you can use a backup extractor to get your files. But I think the propitiatory ones like SMS would be gone. I am not sure about this....

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

If the last 6.1.4 backup you made prior to upgrading to iOS7 was from February, that's the only one you can restore from when you come back down to 6.1.4. Sorry. That's been a big caution iPhone sites have been posting about non devs "trying out" iOS7, and then coming back down. You'll only be able to restore back to your last 6.1.4 backup, and anything you do in iOS7 will be lost when coming back to down.

4. Eonrike macrumors newbie

Have you backed up your iPhone iOS 7 with iTunes? If yes, these data are stored in backup files.