Any way to rename an audio source?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple!Fre@k, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if there's any way to rename an audio source on the iPhone. The source name in my car shows up something like "CD22" and I want to change it to say "My Car" or something. Is that at all possible so I don't have some cryptic source name as default?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No, the audio source for Bluetooth devices is given by the Bluetooth device and is not changable on iOS.

3. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

That sucks! Wouldn't it be super easy for the phone/iOS to assign a nickname to it and display that name?

I'll bet this would be a great app idea! An app that allows you to give a nickname to bluetooth devices on your iPhone. Apple could easily code this in and provide a spot for "nickname" when you press the i circle info button next to the Bluetooth source but I guess they don't. So someone should offer an app!!

4. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I would love for something like this to happen. My wife and I both have Fords with Sync. We can only pair our phones up with either my truck or her Escape. I really wish I could pair my phone with both for the oddball times when I'm in her Escape. But it'll work just fine if I just plug my phone into hers via USB (and vice versa).

5. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Your car might have an option to change the name of the Bluetooth speakers. My VW has this option.