Any way to reveal a blocked call number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisJPN, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ChrisJPN macrumors newbie

I've just received several phone calls all from the same blocked number but I wasn't aware of it until after the fact. Since the calls were in such a short space of time, I'm worried it might be something important but since the number is blocked I have no idea who it is.

Is there any way of finding out the number of a blocked caller after the fact?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Not by you.

You could contact your network to talk to them but it would probably take the inclusion of the police to instigate a probe.

As your not being menaced or threatened by these one off calls I doubt this would happen.

You will simply have to wait for the person to ring you back.

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

Probably a good idea. If you want to plan ahead for this to happen you might want to consider trapcall. You can set your phone to forward calls to them, and they forward them back with the number unblocked. It uses the same system that 1-800 numbers use to get your number. I've never used it myself though, as I don't get many blocked number calls.

4. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Yes, Trapcall works very well. Because the calls are forwarded to Trapcall and then back to your phone, there is a delay of a few seconds before the call rings on your phone. Could be good or bad depending on who is calling.

The site give you instructions on programming your phone to forward the calls but it's very easy. Removing it is just as easy.

5. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

That's cool. Never seen that before, wish it worked overseas though.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I've used TrapCall and it works well. The father of the kid who kept calling me (with his number blocked) was not amused and it hasn't happened again. :)