Any way to show PDFs on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james-bailey, Dec 16, 2011.

1. james-bailey macrumors regular

I have a fair few PDF files that would be great stored on my iPhone for quick reference. I put them into a folder and syncronised with iTunes but the folder isnt showing. I have done this method for jpegs previously and worked great, I guess its not possible for PDF files?

2. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

Download iBooks and drag the files to your iPhone.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You can view them in iBooks. You'd probably have to email them to yourself or use Dropbox to get them on the phone.

4. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

5. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

I have got them on my bookshelf now, that looks cool however is there any way to catergorise them into named folders?

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not in iBooks, at least yet.

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You can also download the Adobe Acrobat Reader app.

8. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Can you actually create folders to categorize your .pdf's into named folders with the Adobe Acrobat Reader app? I didn't see a way to do it, they just seem to all be listed under "Documents." So I downloaded PDF Reader.

That definitely allows you to do it. It also has features such as WiFi Sharing, Browser Download and Cloud Storage. Cloud Storage works with Box.net, iDisk, Dropbox, Google Docs, FTP and WebDAV. You can specify names for new folders, and you can move and paste downloaded .pdf's into whatever folder you like.

It isn't free, but only $1.99 for the iPhone edition, $4.99 for the iPad edition. It is a nice little app.

9. mattraehl macrumors 6502

Goodreader is a full featured reading and markup app that can read a large variety of formats, store documents locally, or on various cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox. Its well worth the $5.

10. maliu macrumors 6502a