Any way to sync my apps to my new macbook without deleting all data and folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kraznoff, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Kraznoff macrumors member

I can't believe how frustrating it is to switch iTunes from pc to mac. I transfered purchases from my iphone but when I try to sync my apps it wants to delete them all and reinstall them, which I believe entails losing all saved data and folders. I talked to a "genius" and she told me I was out of luck and I should look for third party software. Any help is much appreciated!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I have done quite a few just like that, and I haven't lost any saved data. If you haven't already done it, you need to go into the apps tab an rearrange your apps to match your phone. If you "transferred purchases" from your phone to the computer, it will replace the apps but it shouldn't touch the data.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Do you have all of your photos off the camera roll? It will wipe them if you don't import them into iPhoto first.

4. Kraznoff thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so while the folders get deleted the data does not, thank god. I don't understand why the "genius" didn't know that.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You wont lose your folders, if you open the apps tab and rearrange your apps to match your phone, but you need to do that before your first sync.
    Maybe he/she wasn't such a genius, after all.:D