Any way to tell what is draining an apple watch battery abnormally?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Nov 26, 2018.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

When I first got my Apple Watch 4 a little over a month ago, it was perfect. I was going the whole day at work (off the charger from like 10am-11pm) with 75-85% or over battery left. Slowly over the past few weeks the watch has degraded in battery life for no reason. Then recently, started ending my night at 60%.....then 50%. Now all of a sudden today I just got the 10% notification around 7:30pm (off the charger since like 1130am). Barely used it all day also, since ive been busy at work. Completely randomly FULLY draining the battery with little to no use in 8 hours????

Is there a way to tell what app has been draining the battery? This is crazy. Im just gonna have to do a re-pair to try to fix it, but this is just stupid. It was beautiful in the beginning, now its just crazy horrible.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

My suggestion would be to eliminate each third party App one by one to find out where the abnormal drain is. It’s a process of elimination, and annoying to complete, but it should help you identify the rogue app.

Otherwise, you can execute a hard reset by holding down the digital crown and power button to clear any particular unidentified glitches.

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Hard resets didn’t help. The drain remained or got worse.

4. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

I would say take it to the Apple store, if after removing all of the 3rd party apps, and you still have the battery drain. It's entirely possible you have a defective battery. Especially if you've not installed any new apps since right before the battery started draining abnormally..

5. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

Apple can run diagnostics. For me it turned out I was syncing my camera roll, so everyone I took a photo it was transferring across the image.

6. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

I’m gonna turn that off or make sure it’s off. No need for that. Thanks!

7. dojoman macrumors 65816

Do you have Wifi turned on even when you're not connected?

8. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

I unpaired last night and re-paired. So far today seems like it ma back to normal.

9. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

I'm getting a similar issue on my S2. Used to end day on 65-70pc. Now less than 10pc.

10. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

I've progressively uninstalled all my watch apps. Also ensured wifi was off, walkie talkie not connected etc.

After ongoing issues with battery getting very low during the day I tried the latest 5.1.2 dev beta - same issue

Today I got up around 0600 uk tine. Got home around 0000 - watch was totally dead (at 2000 it was on 10% or less)

previously i would have been at 60-65% on my s2 at this time.

i also note force touch isn't working. this could be related....

time to return. i do have applecare cover still valid... I've done all I can.