Any way to use iPhone to control music streaming to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I was wondering if there was an app or pair of apps that would allow me to stream music from my PC to my iPad, and also be able to remote control it with my iPhone 4?

I am trying to create an awesome party jukebox setup in the living room where the iPad would be set up connected to the home stereo streaming music from the PC in the back room. People would be able to walk up to the iPad and pick songs to play and whatnot, but I would also be able to control the music from my iPhone, all over the wifi (similar to the apple iTunes remote app.

Any way to accomplish this?

2. Passels macrumors member

you should be able to accomplish this using a program called "AirFoil" on your PC (works with mac too)... and a free program called "Airfoil speakers touch" from the app store, which will go on your iPad.

Run both programs at the same time and your ipad should show up in the airfoil list... airfoil allows you to stream any audio from any program to an airport express or iOS device.

you will basically then use your iphone remote app to control your itunes as you normally would.

Hope that helps....

Edit: You may have to jailbreak to get airfoil speaker to run in the background if you want your company to be able to pick music. your also going to be in a lot better shape once they update the remote app for ipad... i can't stand that they haven't done that yet.