Any way to use MP3 file as voicemail greeting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple!Fre@k, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

I have an MP3 file that I'm trying to figure out how I can use as my voicemail greeting. Right now, it looks like the only way to have a custom voicemail greeting is to record it on the iPhone of the voicemail you want it on. Is there any way to either upload an MP3 to AT&T's server or load the MP3 on the iPhone and have the voicemail point to it?

I know I can play the MP3 back on my computer and hold my iPhone up to the speakers to record it, but a huge portion of the audio quality is lost that way.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

voice mail greeting and your voice mail is not stored on the iPhone itself. It is stored on AT&T Servers somewhere.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Pretty much, I don't think there's a option to "upload" a audio file to your VM greeting. I would just try and find the quietest room in your place and maybe use a stereo to output the sound while you're recording it. That, or just sing :)

4. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Or pay AT&T to use music when an incoming call is made they will hear music instead of ringing and if u don't pick up it goes to voicemail it's like a couple bucks for the feature.