Any way to use the iPhone on a WiFi network that requires me to..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cstromme, Oct 24, 2007.

1. cstromme macrumors regular

1. Enter both username and password
    2. Download a specific digital certificate before connecting

Can the iPhone do this? All the WiFi networks on colleges and universities here in Norway use the same login and password with a specific digital certificate.

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

PM me an example and I can try. I have had no problem with any sites (including university networks) so far.

3. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

i have tried to do just that on a certain network and it doesnt work for me. i hope someone knows the answer/workaround.

4. patrickvanzandt macrumors member

Any chance that this would work in your situation?

When I initially downloaded DeviceScape Connect my University's WiFi was not in their directory, but I uploaded the requested details to them and within 12 hours it was up and running. I've never seen a login screen since. Even if my iPhone is locked in my pocket, it automatically connects & logs into my campus WiFi on it's own. Very Apple-like..."it just works" :)

5. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

You will, however, need a hacked iPhone for this.

6. cstromme thread starter macrumors regular

I sent a request to the Devicescape guys and asked if they could help, hopefully they can.

How do you think I'm using it in Norway? :p

7. wfielder84246 macrumors member

Will that link help me with...

connecting to my university's wifi? Detailed below:

http://www.port.ac.uk/special/is/mobilemedia/

I asked the tech guys at uni and they said I can't connect because I need to download a certificate. When I try acessing the wifi connection iPhone asks for just a password, where on my mac I would be asked for a username and password. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8. josefd10 macrumors newbie

hey guys i read your posts....but i didnt get it is there a way to download a certificate on the iphone? at my university you have to install a certificate then enter a user name and password provided by the university....so any suggestions ??? thanks