Any workaround to put songs on iPhone 5 without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattkilla420, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mattkilla420 macrumors member

So I got my iPhone 5 but was very bummed out when I pluged it in my old Mac and said it needed iTunes 10.7 but can't get that version on my computer because its too old. I did get my contacts on my phone which was the more important issue through emailing myself a vCard but would like to put some pictures and music on as well. I don't have money for a new computer as I got an iPad and only use my old Mac to write documents. I know a while ago I could press some buttons in my iPod classic and it could mount on my computer like a hard drive to put music on that way and am hoping I can do the same for my iPhone.

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

What version of OS X do you have? If your Mac is too old to support iTunes I'm wondering if any apps that could do the same thing would install and work on your computer. I'm also not clear if iTunes in the cloud works without the newer version of iTunes.

3. mattkilla420 thread starter macrumors member

I have 10.5 I know 10.5 won't work with iCloud.

4. clay.martin17 macrumors newbie

music help

It would be nice to know how to get music on iphone 5 without new itunes. only have 10.5 cant get icloud

5. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

6. sers macrumors regular

Can you use iTunes Match? I have an old G5 and my Iphone 5 won't work with it. So I enabled iTunes match and was able to get all my music on my iPhone.