Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
As I'm sure you know, ~50p is worth $1 these days, and a growing number of people are wanting to take advantage of that ;)

Trouble is, finding US outlets that will ship internationally for a half decent price. If you as an American know of any place that you shop at that will ship to the EU, then please, post a link for us. Also if you as a Brit have found anywhere good in the US please link us up too!

Thank you!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Reading the thread title, I thought maybe your uncle had left you 1,000,000 GBP and you were looking for someone to provide a friendly US Bank account into which you could deposit it, for a small fee, of course! :D

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
emw said:
Reading the thread title, I thought maybe your uncle had left you 1,000,000 GBP and you were looking for someone to provide a friendly US Bank account into which you could deposit it, for a small fee, of course! :D
Of course, then the thread would have been started by PRINCE UMBALUGU ADEBAYO (DEPOSED) ;)

http://www.macsales.com/ seems to have pretty reasonable shipping and prices, credit to oingoboingo on the other thread. I'll prolly be going there, unless someone can offer a better suggestion.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Sure, but in return I need help importing a grey market BMW into the states. This rapacious exchange rate will soon make it cheaper to buy on the continent and ship across the pond. :(

What did you have in mind?

OasisNYK

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
What do you need from the States? I work for a company that can ship things overseas pretty cheap.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
OasisNYK said:
What do you need from the States? I work for a company that can ship things overseas pretty cheap.
I'm really not talking about me specifically, but there are more people getting interested about importing from the US, so I thought I'd be good if there was a place (this thread) where our buddies across the pond could help us out :)

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
edesignuk said:
I'm really not talking about me specifically, but there are more people getting interested about importing from the US, so I thought I'd be good if there was a place (this thread) where our buddies across the pond could help us out :)

Now you have me interested and I live North of the States. ;) :)

And there is nothing that I really want, however if the exchange is as it is heading I might be getting a new iBook and AE with max ram. :D

Anyone knows any good shipping company's name who ships cheap really cheap. :)

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
You do realize that you're actually helping our economy and our dollar rebound by buying here, thereby weakening your dollar and rebalancing the equation? LOL. I support you.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
StarbucksSam said:
You do realize that you're actually helping our economy and our dollar rebound by buying here, thereby weakening your dollar and rebalancing the equation? LOL. I support you.

Not really in most part it has to do with the National Debt. And consuming Has a small part if that were so then wouldn't Asia have a higher currency value since most of the electronics are manufactured there, and textiles, etc..

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
StarbucksSam said:
I think it'll take a little bit more than a few of us buying some cheap comps from the US to sort out the current state of the $ :p

...anyway, let's not get in to all that here, that's not what this thread is about, the political forums can talk about all that kinda stuff :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.