Any1 worried at having to place a pre-order w/out seeing either size in person first?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nnacrumors, Sep 9, 2014.

1. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

It's like a catch-22 for people who want the phone early but aren't sure of which size they want yet :mad:

Either you:
    A) Pre-order whatever size is your best guess and just hope it works

or

B) Wait to try one in stores first and have Apple delivery times jump up to 3 - 4 weeks

Sucky :(

2. Taylor-C macrumors 6502a

Once the tech specs are announced (really the dimensions) I'll draw it out on a piece of paper, lol.

But I think 5.5" screen is too big for me - so I'm 99% sure I'll go with the 4.7".

3. nnacrumors thread starter macrumors 6502

It's like for those on the fence who might be able to handle the 5.5' iPhone 6 but need to handle it in person, or even those who aren't sure they can handle a 4.7' device, it sucks that you either have to place a blind faith order without even being able to feel the device in your hand first :(

Apple should put the new iPhones on display in store a few days before pre-ordering :mad:

4. Kaenon macrumors regular

Yes.

Which is why I will not be pre-ordering. The phone won't have anything that I need.

My HTC One M8 does just fine and I can wait for the phones to be on the shelf ^_^

Life is simpler that way.

5. Taylor-C macrumors 6502a

I remember with the iPhone 4 I was in the phone store and bought one without being allowed to see what they looked like - as they weren't allowed to put them up on display until after the store opened. RIP.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

An $800 purchase. Why not just wait and play with one in the store?

Why do people think they have to order on day 1? You have to live with it for some time to come after all.

7. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Your thread title makes no sense. You don't *have* to pre-order.

8. nnacrumors thread starter macrumors 6502

If you have to order online delivery and don't want to have delivery times jump up to 3 - 4 weeks you do.

9. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I already made a paper cut out a few weeks ago.

Its a great size for me. Fits in my front pocket, however it doesnt have any depth, so we'll see.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Someone on this forum did a detailed mockup in both sizes that was printable and then foldable to approximate the dimensions. It did have the flat sides like the 5S, but it was still absolutely enough to let me know that I'd be cool with either size (but reeeeeeally want the 5.5").

11. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Apple may not have pre-orders *AGAIN* this year, and this may be an additional reason for that.

It might help them on returns by not offering pre-orders considering the two sizes. Plus, the other benefits to them such as not having to allocate supply to the online store immediately.

It is a slightly tough decision for me. I believe around my home I would probably prefer the 5.5. Nevertheless, if I am out in a store, needing to look something up, or on a trip taking a few quick photographs, the 4.7 will feel more normal to me. I will probably get the 4.7.

Again, I think the 5.5 will feel the most different as in, not the same old thing, and that would be great around the home or in your comfortable office space. I simply don't want to deal with the 5.5 when out and about.

12. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Preordering the 4.7", will check out the 5.5" in-store though I'm likely to go for it. Will exchange if for some reason I do want the bigger one.