Anybody been wanting to buy an iPhone like now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PDFierro, Sep 7, 2011.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Sure, I've been toying with the idea of buying myself an iPad or a Mac, but I've been waiting for an iPhone for so long. On Verizon here.

I almost bought one a few months ago, or hell back in the spring when it came to Verizon. I decided to wait it out.

But now I just want to buy a 16GB on eBay for 400 bucks to get my apps/other content started and get used to using an iPhone, and then buy the 5 with my upgrade and make back what I can by selling the 4. The seller is even kind enough to include access to the developer program for iOS 5, so I can create a @me.com address like I have been wanting to. Probably would pay the $100 for the program on the Mac if I got one before iCloud came out.

Probably best to wait it out, it's so close. But $400 doesn't sound too bad, but I have waited this long. I know awhile back people were stuck on what to do, so has waited it out? My phone also broke a while back, so I switch to an old one.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

When we're this close to the rumoured launch, I'd say try to hold out a bit longer. It's so tempting to go buy an iPhone 4 right now. Luckily the only thing stopping me is my contract doesn't end for another two weeks or so. I'm hoping it gets announced before that so that I don't jump on an iPhone 4 contract as soon as my current one ends. Plus, if the iPhone 5 gets announced before you sell the iPhone 4, then you may not be able to sell it back for as much/more.

3. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

Breathe. Wait. It shouldn't be too much longer.

And at the end of the day it's still just a phone.

4. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah, that's why I have waited this long. I think I will be waiting it out, or if not doing what I mentioned in my original post, but that's a slim chance. Less than a month away, really.

5. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

Think of this way, when the 5 comes out and you think it's "meh" you can probably get a 4 for $99.

6. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

I no doubt want the 5 in the long-run. Which is why I've been waiting.

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

It would be kind of silly to buy an iPhone 4 now if you plan on getting the 5. More hassle then it's worth to go through all that trouble.

8. tann macrumors 68000

I've been dying for an iPhone for so long now but we've come so far we may as well wait for another couple of weeks. I know it's hard :(.

I know at least one other person who has got very close to buying an iPhone 4 recently too, I told them they may as well wait if they phone they have now works. If they like the 5 then they can get that or if not then they can get the 4 cheaper, it's winwin in the long term.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

At least they didn't get it. A buddy of mine just got an iPhone 4 (he doesn't care about having the latest and greatest as long as it works for him). He's so excited about it and I just keep telling myself "just a couple more weeks. I've waited this long, a little bit more won't kill me". All this while he waves around his new iPhone 4 and tells me how much he likes it (partially because he knows I'm waiting on the 5).

10. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I have been eligible for an upgrade since the middle of June. Needless to say, I am very interested in the next iPhone. I will not be buying a phone that was released over a year ago and would hesitate paying $99 for the 4 if the new model is not an impressive upgrade.

11. tann macrumors 68000

But just think you'll have the iPhone 5 and can wave it in his face while showing off how off how sexy angry birds looks on a (potentially) bigger iPhone screen :p.

Though I don't know why people don't wait, they could actually save some $$ by doing so!

12. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Yup. I'm going to wait, it was just a thought. And in the meantime I can focus what other out-now Apple devices I am buying.

If I wasn't going to wait, I would have gotten the iPhone 4 back in June/July.

13. ndrosubiyanto macrumors member

14. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Like, no, not really like. It's like, why buy an iPhone 4 now like, when you can wait and see what the iPhone 5 is like, then make your decision and get a cheaper iPhone 4 if you still want one? Like.

15. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

Arggh!

Bring out the iphone 5 and iOS 5 out already ... I'm so mentally drained out right now .... just give me the iphone 5 and iOS5 pleaseeeeeeeeeee|!

16. si123 macrumors newbie

I want the iPhone 5 now!!I can't wait any longer! I've had the iPhone 3g (not 3gs!!) now for about 2 1/2 years and it's been the longest phone I've had but it is slowly dying! It takes ages to do the smallest of tasks, for example, I went to put my phone alarm on last night and on an iphone 4 this would take a few seconds, on mine it took about 1min just for the alarm page to load!!! so yes I do want an iPhone like now because mine is rubbish!! However, I'm not on contract so I'm going to have to pay for the handset- and I'm guessing that's going to be a fortune so I have to start saving now or win the National Lottery! Either way I will get one eventually I'm sure it's going to be pretty amazing! :)

17. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

1. Buy now.
    2. Kick self repeatedly over the next year.

Just hold on, you'll thank yourself. Just a few weeks now. Then if you're massively disappointing in what the iPhone 5 turns out to be, you can make a decision then.

18. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's honestly going to be announced as soon as a week (to a few weeks).

19. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've been eligible for an upgrade ever since June. I've never imagined I'd so desperately want to give Apple my money though. Only thing they could do to make me ecstatic would be if they released the phone on T-Mobile so I could dump AT&T.

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Wait

The price of the 4 will go down as soon as the 5 is out anyway.

It should be out in less than a month