Anybody believe Trump Jr.?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Jul 9, 2017.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He said that when he, Jared and Manafort met during the campaign with the Russian lawyer, that they primarily talked about ...
    Won't someone think about the orphaned Russian children as much as Junior does?

My god, he is such a terrible liar.

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Why didn't he just go with the usual deflectionary tactics of blaming the Obama administration of somehow setting up these entrapment style meetings with Russians diplomats where they were just innocent unknowing participants.

3. HEK Suspended

HEK

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

4. Gutwrench Suspended

Gutwrench

Maybe they talked about their grandchildren.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

What they talked about is one piece. Why they didn't disclose is another.

6. HEK Suspended

HEK

Maybe the Russian orphans are result of the pee prostitutes not being on birth control. There might be Little Donald bastards in Russia too.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The third piece is however Congress constrains trade and other conduct of affairs with a country under international sanctions. Not everything washes away with an exec order as if with an incoming tide.

8. shyam09, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

There are things you can and cannot believe.

For example, yesterday I rescued a group of puppies (cocker spaniels -- super cute) from on a deserted island with a volcano that was about to erupt in 10 seconds. The helicopter was unable to fly low enough, so I parachuted my way over to the puppies. Unfortunately, there was no way for me to go back. I tossed one of the puppies up, and my pal caught him. I didn't want to take the risk with the other ones, so I stacked all the puppies together and carried them like a football as I sprinted across the island. That's when the volcano erupted and as the river of lava flowed down, I found myself surrounded by death on all side. One of the puppies looked up at me, wagged her tale tail, and barked "You can do it shyam09, I trust you."

And with that inspiration, I leaped, but I was too short. Luckily, that girl puppy jumped out just in time so I landed on her, and she carried me and her puppy brothers and sisters easily, walking across the lava as if it was water. I checked her paws to make sure she was okay, and she was absolutely fine. Like nothing ever happened, and she was wearing anti-law-lava paw-mitts or something. That's when Pegasus, God of Animals, flew in and told the female pup that he was pleased with her. So he gave us all a free ride back to the Planet of Animals where we played and frolicked with other baby animals.

This you can believe happened 1000000%.

However, this ... well, let's just say you can smell the bulls**t all the way from the Galaxy EGS8p7.

EDIT: fixed a couple of typos

9. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

There are 10 million orphan babies in Russia.

We were hoping there were 20 million orphan babies in Russia.

12.5 million babies. And that's our final offer.

10. SusanK macrumors 68000

11. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Still looking for anything and anyone to tie Russia to Trump I see. Nice.

12. darksithpro, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

darksithpro macrumors regular

My question to you is why is it such a big deal that they met with a Russian lawyer 6 months before election night? Is it illegal, or immoral to talk to a person because he/she is of Russian heritage, or is a citizen of Russia? It's as if every Russian of any profession, working in the US is a bad person, because he/she may have ties to Putin. This is character assassination, plain and simple.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

maybe he was looking for some of that donation money Hillary got to the foundation.....................

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Well they make it so easy and then they lie about it until there is irrefutable proof that they had the contacts which raises a lot of questions.

15. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Character assassination?

So you believe that two weeks after sewing up the nomination, Trump jr., Jared, and Manaford met with this contact to talk about Russian adoption, an issue that was never raised during the campaign and one that wasn't followed up on after that meeting? That's simply stretching credulity past the breaking point. Why would the three top advisors to trump be involved in such a bizarre issue?

16. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

The sad part is that if anyone from the Trump family/campaign so much as interacted with a Russian it is instantly a huge deal. It's like every Russian is all of a sudden a spy for Putin.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

DNC may have had connections with the org this lady they met was from which also crafted the fake dossier. Could have been a setup attempt by DNC. Meeting was 20 minutes.

18. Gutwrench Suspended

Gutwrench

Please, feel free to answer this yourself. Please be specific.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Not every Russian, the concern is just about ones that have close ties to Putin and then that the Trump's or their associates lie about meeting.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Aren't they? :confused:

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Apples? Trees? More like the snake tempting others. :D

Looking? You don't have to look, there are so many examples it just falls right in your lap.

One meeting with Russians wouldn't be a big deal. But that is not what we are dealing with here.

We are dealing with MANY examples of Russian meetings. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. By all sorts of different members of the campaign. Who then neglect to mention it, even when asked. Even on forms where by law they have to.

Seriously, that doesn't strike you as odd? And in this particular case, why would a campaign manager meet about an issue that is not a campaign issue? Riddle me that batman.

23. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

No frick'n way (for the first). Absolutely! (For the second).

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Exactly, as Donald Trump tweeted on July 1: