Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukus

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2008
Depends on your accent, really. If you have a British accent then the UK Siri voice will pick up what you're saying easier, if you have an Australian accent then the AU Siri voice will pick up what you're saying easier, etc.

Except that there's no such thing as a 'British' accent :)

Some of our Scottish/Welsh/Irish friends on here are reporting having better success with Australian or US settings...

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Except that there's no such thing as a 'British' accent :)

Some of our Scottish/Welsh/Irish friends on here are reporting having better success with Australian or US settings...

I do fail to see how those in the UK like myself will find it tough using the US voice which is what I will do when I get the 4s

The UK version jus sounds odd to me....the US one I fail to see how she won't understand my voice. Not like it's much different to the US

Lukus

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2008
I do fail to see how those in the UK like myself will find it tough using the US voice which is what I will do when I get the 4s

The UK version jus sounds odd to me....the US one I fail to see how she won't understand my voice. Not like it's much different to the US

Yeah - I have mine set to UK, but I haven't really used Siri all that much. I'm gonna switch it to US and see how I get on.

Siri US voice is better than all the others.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I switch between US and Australian Siri. I hated the way the British dude sounded.

Siri should have voice packs! I want mine to speak with the "voice" of Stephen Hawking! :D Surely that wouldn't be too difficult, either.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I found that the australian voice was really the best sounding and pleasing over the US version, but it did not understand my commands as well. I wish there was a way to change the voice and have a selection on the voice location so it would understand us english but speak australian english.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I have a UK iphone and prefer the Australian Siri the voice sounds more human and natural, I so wish it would recognise places in the uk though sick of it saying I can't search for places out side uk etc...

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I have a UK iphone and prefer the Australian Siri the voice sounds more human and natural, I so wish it would recognise places in the uk though sick of it saying I can't search for places out side uk etc...

Yeah that's who I use now.

heyloo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
NY
I totally forgot about switching the language. Trying out the Aussie version, although it does seem like the US version's a bit more accurate for me still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.