Anybody confirm Phil's Black Knight Trilogy Test on 13''/15'' rMBP? (or LOTR, etc.)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Starfyre, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Starfyre, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

Can anyone who owns the black knight trilogy on a 13'' or 15'' retina macbook pro (haswell/crystalwell) and see if on battery alone they are able to play through all without plugging in the power cord?

13'' - If you could tell us how much battery life you have remaining after all 3, that would be awesome!

15'' - If you could tell us how much of the movie you had left when the battery died... just so we know. Or if the 15'' can survive just like the 13'', let us know how much battery life you had remaining!

(Use any format of the movie, iTunes, Amazon, Bluray, etc... your choice, just let us know)
    (Full Screen, Windowed, Screen Brightness, etc... your choice, just let us know)
    (MBPr display, External Display, etc... your choice, just let us know)

I am sure many of us are flexible how you test it (you could even use lord of the rings or star wars trilogy!), we are just curious how it turns out.

2. MovieGuy34 macrumors member

To be fair he never promised The dark knight could do that. He said the black knight would. :)

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Apple says there is greater efficiency when watching iTunes movies. What is the total time of all 3 movies? Haha I should know, I did the trilogy marathon in theaters back when Dark Knight Rises came out.

Would be awesome if this thing can get more than 9 hours of battery when watching movies. I have a 13 hour flight next year.

----------

Oh, all 3 are under 8 hours. I see no reason why this wouldn't be possible. With the Air, Apple met its quoted time for this.

4. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68020

Starfyre

Either way, it would be interesting to know how much battery was remaining. If anyone wanted to use some other trilogies like Star Wars or lord of the rings, that would be neat too.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Well how would this be different from just running random multiple movies? Either way, I definitely plan to watch multiple movies on long flights. So if I can get 9 hours out of it, I'm satisfied.